Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Art-less days

My days have been full of band exhibitions and football games and many church-related activities.  It's been wonderful!  I love being a mom.  I love, love, love my son.  I'm very aware that in only a few short years he will be off on his own life-time adventure, hopefully serving a mission, going to college, finding work that he loves, and somewhere in there finding the love of his life.  I try not to think of it as the end of my life, and I say that with some seriousness... my life truly began when I became a mom.  I love it that I have someone there, always needing me to take the focus of me and put it on them.



If it wasn't for the fact that my job affords me the time to blog, keep in touch with my many artistic friends, and read their blogs, I might have no art in my life at all... visual art that is... I do find ways to put an artistic spin on a plate periodically! 

Today on facebook, one artistic friend has requested some promotion, so I decided to do just that and write a blog about others, just for you! 

Mary Beth Shaw is an awesome artist who has written a book and created wonderful stencils for us at
http://stencilgirlproducts.com/
The information for ordering her books is right there on the site, too!

And, I found the most wonderful artist on facebook and fell in love... Keri Colestock... search for her and check out her wonderful artwork!  It's not everyday that I find an artist I love this much.  I have looked at EVERY one of her images on facebook.  I hope to be able to get one of her walldancers for my budding art collection.  I hear she likes to trade.  I guess that means I'll have to make something!  Nothing like motivation!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment