Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Encouragement of Light

Two blogs in a day, woo hoo!  I thought more about my resistance to New Year's Resolutions and wanted to elaborate on that.  I just overheard someone put it into the right words.  We are truly free to choose a new path in every moment, so why should the first day of another year matter.  It only matters in that it allows us an opportunity to support each other as a group, as a whole, as a unity!  We can all relate to each other's resolutions! 
As I review my day, my moment-by-moment experience, and judge that I have made a mistake, taken a wrong path, by how I'm feeling (am I happier?  If so, maybe that means I made a selfless choice!) and not by the responses of those around me (which may or may not be good feedback).  I am always free to choose again, by acknowledging my mistake to those it affected, and taking the feedback for what it is worth.  If it wasn't a selfless choice, then telling the truth about it to someone who cares, is an excellent way to feel more loved right where I am, in the middle of my mistake!
"How did the rose ever open its heart and give to this world all of its beauty?  It felt the encouragement of light against its being; otherwise, we all remain too frightened." - Hafiz
The encouragement of light.  Isn't that a sweet thought?  That is the gift we give each other, the encouragement of light.  As I make effort and fail, and you offer me encouragement, light dawns!  Understanding!
Feel free to share your "resolutions" or the ways you want to change, and then also, your successes and, especially, your failures, so I can love you right where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment